Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More Peas Please!

Abby is way too much fun. We started her on peas a couple weeks ago and she ate half the jar in one sitting. Obviously you can tell she liked it. She loves grabbing the spoon and putting it into her mouth. Sometimes I wonder if she likes eating so much because of the spoon. She's making the cutest noises and really starting to figure some things out. She can push herself backward now when she's sitting and when she's on her tummy I have seen her somehow be able to reach something she couldn't reach a few moments before. In short, she's making some great progress.

One of her newest things is gaping at everything. Everything is so amazing to her. We have electronic toothbrushes, and whenever we use them in front her she LOVES it. I gave her a toothbrush of her own yesterday, and she was distracted by it for a long time. She even brushed her own teeth by chomping on the brush side. This bodes well for the future, because we all know, kids never change.

There's not too much else going on here. I'm still the Webelos leader. We had a great time last week working on whipping and fusing rope, and learning the square knot. We got to go outside too, so I'm sure that helped. I am officially a graduate! Graduation took place on the 23rd of this month, so I will get my diploma in the mail in 6-8 weeks. Ah...

As for Brian, he's still doing a great job working on his research and classes. He completed his last class homework assignment this past week! Ever. That's pretty awesome. Finals are coming up pretty soon. We're all going up to Ft. Worth this weekend to see my sister's baby get blessed. They're going to have quite the party. My brother-in-law's parents, sister, and grandmom are coming, as are my parents, so there will be quite the gathering. We're really looking forward to it. We're thinking that their son might be as large as Abby though, despite the fact he's three and a half months younger. I'm sure we'll have pictures. Have a great week.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Yay, congratulations to Jenn the graduate!!! Yes, little ones are so cute when they are just learning about the world and everything entertains/amuses them, which in turn amuses you!